Friday, January 11, 2013

Take It Easy...

I don't do "take it easy" well. I like to think I've been a good patient. I followed my restrictions and then when given a reprieve from some of the restrictions, I still ended up getting set back. When those beloved stitches came out, 6 hours later part of the incision opened and the next day BAM! Stitches again. These will be in for about 10 days... longer if they don't take care of themselves before that. So we'll see.

I took B to daycare today even though I'm off. I didn't want to overdo it with bending (which we suspect is the culprit of what made my incision open) and trying to play with him, plus there's stuff that needs to be done at home... and I'd like to relax some. Also, it will do him good to be around his friends again. There's not many days he'll be at daycare this month so if I'm gonna pay for it anyway, he might as well go play. Disclaimer: All the things I've gotten done today are things that don't (don't!) require bending. It makes me feel productive to list the things I've done, so here we go. Got the dishes taken care, baked and mashed a butternut squash for our handsome squirmy little man to eat, I've got a pot roast with veggies in the crock pot and as soon as I'm done with this I'm going to at least attempt wiping out the  microwave. I've got some water and vinegar cooking in there now. Doesn't my house smell delightful? Ha. But after all that I'm pretty worn out. Laundry and cleaning up our own personal daycare can wait. Surely between this blog, Pinterest, facebook and my friends I can find something to occupy myself while Peanut is away. I'll go get him after naptime :) I know I'm not allowed to be all the way back to Supermom just yet, but at least today I get a glimpse of it.

Here's a new picture of our handsome boy. There's got to be at least one each time. It's a given and he's SO stinkin' cute!
 
He's in his new play tunnel! We got him a set of small connecting tunnels and also a red wagon for his birthday. He did not need any news toys... he may never need any toys for as many as he has now. But the tunnel is something different and the wagon will be fun for outside. Danny couldn't wait until his birthday for his tunnel, note it was NOT me this time. He was so precious crawling and rolling around in that tunnel. Then again I think he's precious 99.5% of the time. He knows he's king of the Kelly household. Bailey has developed such a personality, especially over these past few months. Hard to believe he'll be a year in 1 week!
 
This is where I was exactly to the day last year:

Holy belly, Batman!
 
 
A week later, the night before my due date, I was induced and our little man graced the world with his presence on Wednesday 1/18/12 and 3:06 pm. He was especially precious then, all 8lb 10 oz and 20 inches of him. Here's a favorite of me (looking SO lovely) and the sweetest baby, minutes after he changed our lives forever.
Baby boy love <3
 
 
::sigh:: Memories. I love every bit of being a mom. Ok, I didn't love being kicked yesterday on my incision when I was changing his stinky butt, but I don't take it personal. He's a wiggler, that's for sure. I can't wait for his little birthday party next week. We're doing Thomas the Train, which he loves. Seeing him and his little baby friends play (with his living room full of toys) will be SO cute. Another exciting event, preceding his birthday, is my stepmom Dawna will be arrive on Wednesday! Who's psyched about that? This girl right here! She hasn't been down since she and Dad came for Bailey's birth last year. She'll be here for a week and it's gonna be a blast. It will be bittersweet, her coming here without Dad. But it was still be lots of fun. I sure do miss him.
 
Better wrap it up, out of compelling, novel-worthy chit chat ;) By the way, my microwave looks and smells nice and clean now. I guess I lived under a rock... I never knew vinegar and water did that!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment